By Elango Cheran
On September 28th, Unicode held a webinar on the “Overview of Internationalization and Unicode Projects” for Unicode enthusiasts. More than 180 people across 30 countries joined us for this online event.
The Consortium is pleased to now make available the videos from this event. If you are new to Unicode and internationalization or want an overview of the most recent projects, check out our new YouTube playlist and Technical Quick Start Guide.
Our Technical Leadership and other experts provide a handy overview on such topics as:
Introduction to Internationalization - Addison Phillips,
- Unicode Consortium: Past, Present, and Future - Mark Davis, Cofounder and President
- Scripts and Character Encoding - Deborah Anderson, Chair of the Script Ad Hoc Committee
- Unicode CLDR (Common Locale Data Repository) - Mark Davis and Annemarie Apple, Chair and Vice Chair of the CLDR Committee
- Unicode ICU (International Components for Unicode) - Markus Scherer, Chair of ICU Committee
- Unicode ICU4X 2022 - Shane Carr, Chair of ICU4X Subcommittee
The Unicode Technical Quick Start Guide is also now available. The guide explains what Unicode is, including answering the question, “What is Internationalization and Why it Matters.” There is also an overview of the technical committees and useful links to more detailed information and how you can get involved.
Learn more about how you can support the Unicode Consortium and our mission, including information on our Adopt-a-Character program, here!