Review period for the new item closes on October 24, 2011.
Please see the page for links to discussion and relevant documents. Briefly, the new issue is:
PRI #203 Proposed Update for UTS #10: Unicode Collation Algorithm
This proposed update aligns with Unicode 6.1, and includes the following changes:
- A major revision to the ordering of variable characters into groups, separating punctuation and symbols. Some other characters have changed ordering as well.
- A new option for sorting, IgnoreSP, that ignores (shifts) only whitespace and punctuation (and not general symbols)
- Clarifications or fixes to text on soft-hyphen, contiguous weights, and collation grapheme clusters.
- A new section on asymmetric search.
- Review notes for new UCA verification tables, and several other areas where the text will be changed.