- "zh-t-i0-pinyin", to indicate Chinese text generated with a pinyin input method
- "en-t-k0-dvorak", to identify a Dvorak keyboard for English
- "it-t-k0-osx-extended", to request an extended Mac keyboard for Italian
- "ru-t-en-x0-mobile", to indicate a translation from English to Russian for use on a mobile device, or
- "ja-t-de-t0-und-x0-medical", to identify a machine translation from German to Japanese with a specialized dictionary for medical terms.
Related to this, there is draft keyboard layout data currently slated for CLDR 22.0: see Draft Keyboard Charts.